Monday, June 12, 2017

Daily Declutter

Today is predicted to be our last day of beautiful weather before the heat arrives. I did not use the day to work outside, which would have been wise, but I have dealt with a little of the indoor clutter. We had a bunch of peaches and a bunch of loquats that needed to be processed, and both have been cut up and moved around. The loquats and some of the peaches are in the dehydrator right now, and more peaches are in the freezer, waiting to become cobbler.

In preparation for the hot weather we got window fans out. I purchased a new fan for my bedroom, but it will be going back to the store because it did not fit my window. The fan that will be in there (the one we had before is no longer powerful enough to cool the room) is much bigger, and I will need to create some sort of covering for the glass part of the window to keep light out. Hopefully we can get that done this week. I found directions on Pinterest for a cute shutter, and that will be both nicer than the cardboard suggestion that preceded the shutter plan. I need to get it done in the next day or two.

Tomorrow will be a day for being an adult. The phone is not working, and the repair person will be coming out tomorrow morning, followed by the termite guy. I am telling myself this will give me lots of time to work on house projects.

I did sell a box of books on ebay, and it is already packaged, labeled and ready to drop off at the post office. A box of books is very large, and I feel like I have moved a lot of stuff simply by selling one item.

The rest of the day was spent enjoying the beginning of summer. We will not be so slothful all summer, but it certainly is nice to take a couple days to really relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment