Friday, December 1, 2017

Daily Declutter

I have a jar problem. I hang onto jars because they're "cute," or they "might be useful." So today, I tackled a bit of that problem. I pulled out all the "cute" jars I've been hanging onto for so long, and told them exactly how things are going to be from now on: they'll either hold Christmas presents, or out they go.

After all, if I don't have a use for them this time of year, I'm not going to suddenly need them in mid-February.

I also mailed off a box for a cousin. It contains some avocados, a chocolate bar, teabags, and a re-gifted teacup. I know some people don't approve of regifting, but this way I can give a gift to a lovely person (who I happen to know is a tea drinker and a generous hostess) without creating a demand for more stuff to be manufactured just for gifting. If she decides to donate it, or passes it along to someone else, I'm fine with that. Maybe this cup's destiny lies elsewhere. But it's also clutter that has been sitting around, waiting, for quite a while now.

This is how it goes around here lately. Not the dramatic changes I was making a year ago, but things are improving at a slower rate, and that's what happens when I've gotten rid of the top layers of clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment