Saturday, December 17, 2016

Daily Count

Started a check list for groceries. I have resisted this for years, but after this week and constantly being out of needed things, I'm willing to give it a try. I don't like the idea of hanging it on the fridge, but I am willing to start there and find another spot. I know I will need to make improvements, but I need to start somewhere. I keep reminding myself that this is a process (hence the "-ing") and I need to accept my efforts.

No item count, in or out. The repair man came by to fix the washer, I finished the last gift for the last extended family, and nothing came into the house (ok, my husband brought home an apple pie as a Christmas gift from work. But we took care of that last night, so it's no longer a problem. 😀)

I am very grateful tonight. Despite regular family activities, I feel that the house looks a little ... lighter... than usual. I think there are fewer items piled up on the bar (number one flat surface clutter spot). There were boxes of fudge to deliver to school, and pans of fudge cooling, but other than that, not the general miscellany. Not enough for anyone else to notice, I think, but I feel it's better, and that's the first step.


No comments:

Post a Comment