Monday, December 26, 2016

There are two types of people...

After opening our Christmas presents yesterday, my niece gleefully commented that "now we get to find places for our things, and organize them!" About a third of the people there agreed, and the rest looked at us like they'd never heard of that before.

We're in the first group, at my house. I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday, and I hope you find places for all the gifts you received. And I hope you feel free to release to someone else any gifts that you cannot use. Let them go to someone who needs it and can use them, and don't feel you need to keep a gift just because someone else gave it to you. If you cannot pass a gift along when it is no longer of benefit to you, it is not a gift but an obligation, and that is not supposed to be the spirit of the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment