Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Daily Minimalisting

With the introduction of the shop, my daily routine has included a LOT more whopping and laundry. Loads and loads more laundry. But I'm getting it done, and getting it out to the free space in the shed (thanks, decluttering!) so family life has resumed more or less normally. No more walking around piles and bags and totes of children's clothes in the living room.

I made very cute (if I do say so) hat stands to display baby hats, using candlesticks and balls of fabric. I had a picture of the inspiration, but I can't find it to share with you. Used up rags I was going to donate and I didn't need to keep supplies on hand to create a "project." I'm thrilled that I was able to accomplish my intention without having to deliberately keep supplies on hand, as clutter most of the time.

Menu planning is still saving my life. I don't know how I lived for so long without doing this, and I feel like such a goof for saying that! But there you go. This is what I have come to.

The house is tidy and live-able, even after all the mess caused by the clothes for the shop. We celebrated my son's birthday, spent about an hour tidying up beforehand (vacuuming, making sure the bathroom was clean), then about the same amount of time tidying up afterwards (putting dishes in the dishwasher, storing leftover pizza). Minimalism really is contributing to the happiness of the family, making every-day and special occasions easier.

I still have work to do, but it's getting so much do the things I want to do. I just wanted to take a minute to appreciate how my changes have positively affected my life.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching this point and I hope the store is fabulously successful!

    ReplyDelete