Friday, February 17, 2017

Daily Declutter

Lots of running around in circles today. I went to the tire store, but the tires they had ordered for me were the wrong size for my car. I will have to go back next week. I had to go out a second time to do my grocery shopping, because my son had to be picked up from school. However, I got almost all my grocery shopping finished (I need one thing at another store, but I think it can wait until next week) other than that one thing my grocery errands are done.

My groceries are all put away, and I am set for the next week's menus. It feels good to have that done.

I did get rid of an old, damaged mirror that had been sitting around for over a year. Neither Goodwill not Salvation Army would take it without a frame (apparently, someone might "get their head chopped off" if the store had a mirror without a frame), so I had to throw it away. It was damaged, so I don't feel too bad, and I am very happy to be rid of this large piece of clutter.

We are expecting a large storm through town overnight, so I tidied up outside. Mostly moving hanging baskets down to the ground so they won't fly off and damage something, but the mirror was part of the tiding effort, so that was worthwhile to me.

I threw some seeds in the ground, as an effort toward gardening. I'm a terrible gardener. I don't like following the rules (plant this after the frost; plant this before the frost; start this indoors) so plants don't succeed very often. I've even killed zucchini. However, I know water is important for plants, and we're certainly getting rain this week, so I'm putting seeds out and hoping for the best.

So, not much forward progress, but I am maintaining my schedule, and that is simplifying my life. We spent the evening together as a family, unstressed, watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix, and playing Yahtzee. That I definitely consider a win, because that is how I want to spend time with my family. And that, not the stuff, is what minimalist-ing is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment