Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Daily Declutter

Today I did a lot of things I've been needing to accomplish. For one, I went to the dentist. Not a decluttering activity, but a necessary one.

I also photographed a bunch of items for ebay, posted three, and shipped two items. Hooray for shipping! I am about out of boxes now, and I will need to prowl around looking for boxes before I can ship much more. I am willing to do that! I think the kids' school is a source I can tap for that.

I got rid of some vintage fruit box art. In the 1920's to 1960's of so, fruit packers pasted these labels on wooden boxes as advertising and identification. They are really pretty, and interesting art for the kitchen. But in 15 years I had never framed and hung these pieces, and it is someone else's turn. They don't take up much space -- in fact I had forgotten them -- but they still need to move out. At some point I or someone else will have to deal with all my stuff, and there is no reason to keep these. As Marie Kondo would say, they aren't "sparking joy."

We got home late, late last night. However, I put my sweater away where it went (it took an effort) but the bedroom and bathroom were tidy when I woke up, which was a nice way to start the day. I write that because it continues to be an effort some days, and I want to give myself credit for doing hard things, even if they are obvious. Even if they are the sorts of things I should have been doing all along.

I printed out more shopping lists to hang on the refrigerator so my family can keep the list updated. This supports my goal of making fewer shopping trips.

I'm pleased, overall, with what I did get done today. Not much actually left the house, but a lot of little things are off my mind. And two ebay boxes of goods did leave, which always makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment