Thursday, February 16, 2017

Daily Declutter

I am so often shocked at the old clutter! I checked the medicine cabinet for clutter this morning; I found a medicine dropper (for little kids), matchbooks, and a tube of ointment from I-don't-know when. I now have room in there for my deodorant, clearing up the counter a little more.

I dropped off a couple of boxes of packing popcorn. The shipping place in town reuses it, and the things I have for ebay right now don't need it. I'd rather someone else use it, since I'd just be storing it. As clutter. I dropped off several boxes at the post office at the same time.

We should have rain tomorrow and the next day, so I took some pictures to post to ebay. I'd like to get them up tonight, but I also would like to spend time with my family, so we'll see how that goes.

A roadrunner stopped in the front yard today, and my daughter and I got to watch it for a while. They really remind me of dinosaurs! The way they move their heads, and the way they display their tails, is unlike any other bird I have seen. Plus, they eat snail and mice (and lizards, which I'm not ok with!) so they are welcome to visit our yard any time. If you've only every see the Warner Brothers Coyote and Roadrunner, you should check them out on youtube. They're really fascinating.

I made my menu for the week. This is a great activity for when I don't want to do anything, but I still get something done. I'm almost done with my shopping list as well, and I will be going shopping tomorrow since Saturday has filled up on it's own. I love having the extra time this one change has facilitated. And, despite almost running out of milk, my family continues to survive. (This week my kids ran through a half gallon of milk in two meals. So they have had to limit milk the rest of the week, and get by on other foods instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment