Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Daily Declutter

I haven't been actively decluttering stuff lately, but I have been working on my to-do list, and I have been spending time with people. Yesterday was a holiday, so the kids didn't have schoolwork. My daughter and I cleared out her wardrobe. She got rid of several items that she no longer liked or which no longer fit. Afterwards we went to the store and got a couple of tank tops, which she needed to wear some of the tops she likes. We also found two pairs of jeans, because she keeps growing! I did not get anything for myself because I don't need anything and I did not find anything that appeals to me. I'm pretty thrilled with myself for not feeling tempted to add anything to my possessions.

I had time to play a game with my son. I love having time to play with him, when I don't feel pressured to go do something else. We sat and played and were silly together. We made cookies for school, and told each other riddles out of a couple different puzzle books. In all, an evening well spent.

I also got new tires for the car, and took it for an oil change today. Not exciting, but they were tasks that were costing my mental energy. Now my mental energy can be better spent on being present.

Today is laundry day. The sun is shining, and the laundry is drying quickly, even the jeans. I met up with a friend for tea and talking, which was beneficial to both of us.

I wrote earlier that I need to figure out what I will do with my time when I no longer need to deal with my possessions as often. As I declutter, I think I am building closer and better relationships with people around me, and I think that is the answer to my question. As I reduce the physical possessions in my life I am building relationships. I'm not sure how if works, but it's definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment