Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Daily Declutter

Sometimes, I start clearing out a space and I wonder how I kept some of this junk for so long. I recycled two buckets today -- one was an old bakery bucket with no handle, the other held kitty litter once, and it arrived at our house when a friend delivered some bare-root plants. We didn't like to use either one, but there they sat, taking up space in the garage. Both are now sitting in the recycling bin, waiting to be picked up from the trash truck.

Other times, I get so frustrated with the junk around here that isn't mine, it's ours. I had to call my husband and make sure he was ok with me getting rid of those two buckets. Because they weren't mine and I couldn't throw them out if my husband still wanted them. It's just not polite. He didn't care, and I think that's probably true for a lot of the junk that's lying around here. I don't want to force him to spend an evening or weekend approving junk for disposal, or worse yet, cleaning the garage because I have a be in my bonnet, but I don't know another way to get rid of some of this stuff.

Getting rid of those two buckets was further progress on the removal of that shelving unit, though.

I also spent a little time torturing bathing the dog. I decluttered about a pound of stink off that animal. He's now sleeping on the sofa. The other dog got groomed yesterday, and Archie was laughing at Murray for it. He has since stopped. I've never been a person to get my dog groomed, but Murray is a poodle cross, and he gets pretty miserable if he doesn't get a haircut.


No comments:

Post a Comment