Thursday, March 16, 2017

Daily Declutter

Next week we're expecting rain (hooray!),so I'm trying to get ahead on washing laundry. That way, I should be able to get through without using the dryer. So, I'm doing a little of this and a little of that. Actually, I seem to declutter by bits and bobs every day, squeezing it in between trips to and from school, laundry, dog washing, and other things I need to do to keep the home running. However, I do feel I have a little more free time than I used to. It may be the decrease in stuff, or it may be the decrease in shopping trips. Or it may be less computer time. Frankly, they all contribute to creating more time, or stealing it.

I found a pair of hiking boots that I thought I'd given away. If I didn't realize I had them, I don't need them. They're in the donate box now.

I gave up the ghost on my large laundry basket. It was breaking, and it just made doing laundry harder, not easier. I got rid of it, and I will see if I can get by with my smaller baskets instead. I will tell myself that it is better to make two trips to the clothesline, and get more steps in. Let's see if I believe me.

I moved a large LEGO tote out of the house, and replaced it with a smaller one. The LEGO area looks better now, and since we've gotten rid of some of the LEGOs I can get away with the smaller tote (and get a little floor space back).

I used some homemade furniture I had made up before, and I was less than thrilled this time. So I dumped the remainder, and I used some Feed and Wax I've had since ... dinosaurs roamed the earth? I'm not sure. I moved the remainder of the Feed and Wax into a smaller container that is easier to use, and I now have more space in my laundry/cleaning cabinet.

I had a set of four canisters, and I've gotten rid of the largest. Not a big change, but it does take up a little less space this way. I'd like to get rid of all of them, but we use one for sugar and one for power cords. We really need to one for power cords, so for now the canisters are staying. I could downsize to only two, but that looked weird.

I finally got the truck smogged, and it's nice to have that done. Now I can send in the registration.

So again, a bit of this and that. All this this-ing and that-ing is making things easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment