Friday, May 19, 2017

Daily Declutter

This is one of those days that remind me why I need minimalism. There are no activities that I would like to cut, but having a schedule and having the home running smoothly allow me to be present in the moment, and that is definitely a desirable goal.

This morning I had a meeting at the kids' school (planning for the future of the school), I took my son to his competition at the fair (we'll find out results tomorrow), then grocery shopping and back to the fairgrounds to volunteer. It doesn't sound like much, but it took up the whole day! Sadly, by the time I got to the grocery they were out of the organic milk I like, so I'm not sure how that will impact my schedule for next week.

Still, I got an ebay sale packed up in reused packaging material, arranged for food for the week, supported my family and didn't make a mess. I didn't buy anything when I stopped by Goodwill, although I really could use a pair of sunglasses. I didn't succumb to temptation, not was I much tempted by anything, which is an improvement. I'll chalk this up to a win, and hope to do as well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment