Thursday, February 23, 2017

Daily Declutter

A little of this and a little of that today. The weather is so beautiful outside, I've been trying to get out as much as I can. As a responsible adult, this means weeding or cleaning up.

I've had a pile of costume jewelry on my bureau that I've been meaning to offer to my daughter. She didn't want anything, but my son found a pair of cuff links that he loves, so they found a good home. The rest of the jewelry will be dropped off at a local charity shop where I've found jewelry in the past.

I've had several pieces of outdoor...clutter... that I've been meaning to deal with. I had been using an old wheelbarrow as a planter, but it is even too rusted out for that. Rather than let it rust in place (attractive!) I dragged it over to my neighbor's dumpster, and it is no longer an eyesore.

Likewise, I've been meaning to get rid of our old, nasty barbecue. It will be offered to the metal recycling shop across from the smog check station that I need to visit today. I'd much rather the metal be recycled than landfilled, so that will be another eyesore off the property.

I photographed a few more things for ebay. I'll post them again at the beginning of the month, when posting is free.

Today is my day to make the menu for next week, and my shopping list. I am feeling singularly uninspired, but I will come up with something. It's better to sit with a cup of tea, browsing cookbooks, on a Thursday morning, rather than trying to contrive something Wednesday night at five!

I kept moving today, getting a little done here, a little done there. It doesn't feel like a lot, but it's adding up!

No comments:

Post a Comment