Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Daily Declutter

Somehow, I feel both like I'm surrounded by clutter and that there is nothing else to get rid of. Well, at least not my stuff. I can get rid of my husband's stuff, but he'd probably mind. 😃

Surprisingly, or maybe not that surprisingly, I found a lot to tidy up today. I worked my way through the big bookcase. I found several pictures that I would like to display that weren't displayed, and I put them in picture frames. The pictures that were in the frames were in storage, so I stored them with "pictures that aren't in albums or frames that I have to keep for historical purposes," or whatever reason I'm keeping those pics. I'll go through them in the future, but I can't do that on my own -- I'll need my husband's consent to get rid of some of them.

I also found a picture of my son when he was very young, and I had forgotten we had it. It's one of my all-time favorite pictures of him. It is now in a frame, replacing a gift someone had given us years ago.

I got rid of a stack of books I was trying to sell. I wasn't finding a buyer, and they weren't worth enough money to justify the space they were taking up.

The bookshelves look so much better! Books are only one level deep, pictures are in frames. I have a couple of display items that are displayed, not stacked.

I even found some magazines I didn't realize were there, and they are going to the senior lounge that enjoys my old magazines, tomorrow night. They will wait patiently in the car so I won't forget them tomorrow.

I was surprised at how much I could get rid of from a space I thought was decluttered, and I'm surprised at how much better I like that section of the room. Eventually I'll reach a point where I've decluttered everything I don't need or love, but I haven't gotten there yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment