Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Harder than I thought

I was feeling good. Riding high. I had figured out the secret to minimalism, and clutter, and everything (world peace?). Then I was confronted by sweet potatoes.

I have a bag of sweet potatoes sitting on top of my microwave. It isn't pretty. I didn't take a picture for Pinterest. (For the record, it has a friend up there too, a bag of white potatoes). So all I need to do is make a decision and put the potatoes somewhere else, right?

Except it's not that easy. The potatoes ended up on my microwave because I can't figure out where else to put them. I don't want to put them by the onions -- that causes one or the other to go bad too quickly. I read it on the internet, so it must be true, right? If I put them on a shelf they'll fall off and create a stink. If I put them in a cabinet I'll forget them and they'll create a stink. If I put them in the refrigerator they'll get starchy and not be tasty, half the reason for having sweet potatoes.

So what's my point? Sometimes making decisions is hard. Harder than it should be. I mean, these are potatoes, not international politics. I should be able to just find a home for my potatoes (sweet and white) and move forward with a beautiful, decluttered, minimalist home.

I'm going to go stare at my potatoes. I have to be able to make a decision about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment