Thursday, January 12, 2017

It's Working!

I decluttered around the washer today. I felt... ahead... all day today. I vacuumed under the refrigerator. Made space here and there (and utterly failed at consolidating pasta in the pantry). But I felt like I was on top of my game today.

This translated to good family time, and that's the point of the project. I got home LATE from a meeting. My family chose to have burritos from the local shop instead of eating pasta two nights in a row (tomorrow we will have it at a family birthday party), but they COULD have made pasta from what is on hand.
View of the reservoir 

But best of all, everyone felt relaxed. After dinner we played cards until bedtime. We played with the dogs. We played together. I really want to maximize this time while the kids still live at home, and tonight feels like we made good use of our time.

That's the point of this whole project. Declutter, minimize and simplify so we can make the best of our time as a family.

I don't think we're perfect. I know there is clutter, and I know we will have crazy nights with late meetings that run into incomplete homework and fend-for-yourself for dinner. But tonight really feels like we're on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment